The following shipping and delivery restrictions apply to Target.com orders:
Alaska or Hawaii
- Target.com can ship most items to any of the 50 states, but there are a few restrictions for Alaska and Hawaii.
- The product description page of an item will indicate if we can't ship to Alaska or Hawaii, but basic rules for items we're not able to ship include items that come directly from the manufacturer, heavy or oversized products, and certain cosmetics and fragrances.
Overseas Military and Diplomatic Mail Addresses
- Target.com can ship most items to:
- Army/Air Force Post Office (APO): U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force postal facilities
- Fleet Post Office (FPO): U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, and U.S. Coast Guard postal facilities
- Diplomatic Post Office (DPO): U.S. Embassy addresses
- Items can be shipped only by standard U.S. mail when using the U.S. domestic checkout at www.target.com. The shipping information in the product description will indicate if the item can be shipped. Expedited (Premium and Express) shipping is not available for APO/FPO/DPO or Puerto Rico.
- Shipment restrictions to APO, FPO and DPO addresses include: heavy or oversized products; food, including candy; items that are shipped directly from the manufacturer; some cosmetics and fragrances; and items with lithium-ion batteries.
Dual Address & PO Box
- It's best to avoid using dual addresses as they may delay order delivery.
- To ensure the system recognizes the address, enter address as "PO Box #[number]."
- The Post Office may hold packages if you don't have a PO Box and they don't provide street delivery. Contact the Post Office for any held items.
- Due to weight and dimensional limits, some items can't be shipped to Post Office (PO) Boxes. If we can't ship an item to a PO Box, restrictions will be noted under the Shipping section in Item Details.
- We don't make special arrangements for shipping to hotels/hospitals, but there is nothing specifically in our shipment carrier's policies that would prevent shipments to hotels and hospitals.
- As availability and shipping dates on our website are estimates and might change, we don't recommend having packages shipped to hotels/hospitals.
- Please check with the hospital before placing your order, as some hospitals no longer allow deliveries.
- If you choose to ship to a hotel/hospital, please include the room number and a phone number when placing the order.
- If your package has already shipped, but won't arrive before your departure, we suggest notifying hotel/hospital management in advance to have them refuse the package. The package will be returned to us and we'll issue a full refund.
- We aren't responsible for packages forwarded to another address from your temporary hotel/hospital address.
Freight Forwarding Services
- Guests can place orders for international delivery using our international site managed by Borderfree. Visit intl.target.com to browse Target.com merchandise and to learn about delivery options. For information about Borderfree, visit shop.borderfree.com/help.
- Some merchandise may not be available for purchase due to country restrictions. If for some reason there are items that cannot be exported from the United States or imported into the destination country, you'll receive notification from Borderfree.
- International orders are not eligible for REDcard free shipping.
- Target.com doesn't ship to freight forwarders or addresses outside the United States.
- Since we can't access information from freight-forwarding services, we're unable to determine if final shipping addresses are within the United States.
- As another option, we recommend shipping to a parcel pickup location within the United States where available. You can also visit our international site managed by Borderfree at intl.target.com to determine if we ship to your destination country.
- United States Postal Service (USPS) regulation prohibits shipping of electronic devices with a lithium battery to destinations outside the United States.
- Ban doesn't apply to private carriers such as DHL, FedEx and UPS.
- See shipping information in product description for details.
- Each correctional institution has its own rules governing what items it will and won't accept. Contact the correctional institution for specific rules.
- Since Target can't guarantee a shipment will be sent by a non-signature-required method, packages sent to a jail or prison may be returned to us as undeliverable. Undeliverable items will be sent back to Target.com and we'll issue a refund. You can have item(s) shipped to yourself and you can forward to the prison.