Target Stores Coupon Policy
Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it's easy to use them at our stores. While use of coupons and other discounts provide a way to achieve great deals, abuse is prevalent in today’s environment. Store leaders have the ability to deny a purchase or return if guests’ reoccurring behavior becomes disruptive or the items are shown not to be for the purpose of using or gifting. When accepting coupons, we follow the guidelines below.
Manufacturer and Target Coupons:
- No more than one manufacturer coupon, one Target coupon (Target mobile coupons are Target coupons), and one Cartwheel℠ offer can be combined per item (unless prohibited by coupon).
- We reserve the right to accept, refuse, or limit the use of any coupon and/or the subsequent return of items purchased with coupons.
- Limit of 4 identical coupons per household, per day (unless otherwise noted on coupon).
- We do not accept expired coupons.
- All valid coupons must be presented to the cashier during checkout and have a scannable barcode.
- Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.).
- Coupons are void if copied, scanned, transferred, purchased, sold, prohibited by law, or appear altered in any way.
- Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
- We do not give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- Guest pays tax on full retail value, including the coupon value, of Manufacturer Coupons. Target coupons reduce the taxable value.
- We cannot accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- Some items may not be available at all stores.
- These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Target (Color Checkout Coupons, Print-at-Home Coupons, Mobile Coupons, Mailed Coupons, Coupons from Newspapers and Magazines, etc.).
- Target coupons aren’t refundable.
- We regularly monitor the Coupon Information Corporation (CIC) website for counterfeit coupons. We do not accept counterfeit coupons.
- Our Quantity Limit Policy is available on the policy board near Guest Services. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Note that the Quantity Limit Policy is in place for all transactions regardless of coupon usage.
Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons:
- We gladly accept valid internet coupons with a scannable barcode.
- We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
Category/Department and Storewide Coupons:
- If redeeming more than one category/department or storewide coupon, you must meet the purchase requirements for each coupon individually.
- If redeeming a category/department coupon plus a storewide coupon, you must meet the purchase requirements for each coupon individually.
- Percent off coupons will apply to all qualifying items in the transaction. No other same category/department or storewide coupon will apply.
Buy One Get One Free Coupons (BOGO):
- BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the guest and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed towards the purchase price of the first item.
- If a Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon may be used on the first item.
- If a Manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item.
- Returns of items purchased using Manufacturer Coupons may receive coupon value returned in the form of a Target GiftCard.