Returns and exchanges without a receipt may be limited. Other restrictions may apply.
- Target Owned Brand items: If you’re not satisfied with any Target Owned Brand item, return it within one year with a receipt for an exchange or a refund.
- Target RedCard purchases: Target RedCard™ debit and credit card holders will receive an extra 30 days to return nearly all items purchased with their RedCard at Target and Target.com. Visit Target.com/RedCard for full details and exclusions.
- Holiday and limited-time-only collections: Items may have modified return policies.
- Purchases at Optical, Pharmacy, Starbucks and Target Tech: Items must be returned or exchanged at these areas.
- International purchases: Target stores cannot accept international returns or exchanges, including international returns and exchanges of online purchases
The following items cannot be returned:
- Open or defective collectibles (e.g., sports cards, special edition Barbie dolls, porcelain dolls, action figures and die-cast cars)
- Personalized items and digital downloads
- Opened/unsealed breast pumps
- Specialty gift cards, pre-paid gift cards and Target GiftCards cannot be returned or redeemed for cash or credit except where required by law. This includes Target GiftCards, Visa®, Mastercard®, or American Express® Gift Card, restaurant, entertainment, lottery cards.
The following items are eligible only for exchange if opened:
- Music, movies, video games and software (exchange for same title, for same or different gaming platform)
- Airbeds (exchange for similar item)
The following items have a shorter window for returns and exchanges:
- Electronics and entertainment items (excluding Apple® products) must be returned/exchanged within 30 days.
- All Apple® products (excluding mobile phones) must be returned/exchanged within 15 days.
- Mobile phones purchased in-store or online via Order Pickup must be returned/exchanged within 14 days.
Additional Fees: Mobile Phones
- Mobile phones purchased with a carrier contract may be subject to early termination fees per carrier contract if returned or exchanged. Contract items and carrier plans must be returned in a Target store with help from a Target Tech Rep.
- A restocking charge of up to $35 for phones may apply except where prohibited. The restocking charge will be taxed in select states. There is no restocking charge if the product is unopened.
Holiday Extended Return Window
- Electronics and entertainment items and Apple products purchased Oct. 1-Dec. 25 have an extended return period, which starts on Dec. 26.