The following shipping and delivery restrictions apply to Target.com orders:
Overseas Military and Diplomatic Mail Addresses
Alaska or Hawaii
- Target.com can ship many items to:
- Army/Air Force Post Office (APO): U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force postal facilities
- Fleet Post Office (FPO): U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, and U.S. Coast Guard postal facilities
- Diplomatic Post Office (DPO): U.S. Embassy addresses
- Items can be shipped only by standard U.S. mail when using the U.S. domestic checkout at www.target.com. The product description will indicate if the item can be shipped. Expedited (Express) shipping is not available for APO/FPO/DPO or U.S. territories and protectorates (Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands).
- Shipment restrictions to APO, FPO and DPO addresses include: heavy or oversized products; food, including candy; items that are shipped directly from the manufacturer; some cosmetics and fragrances; and items with lithium-ion batteries.
- Target.com can ship many items to any of the 50 states, but there are a few restrictions for Alaska and Hawaii.
- The product description page of an item will indicate if we can't ship to Alaska or Hawaii, but basic rules for items we're not able to ship include items that come directly from the manufacturer, heavy or oversized products, and certain cosmetics and fragrances.
Dual Address & P.O. Box
- It's best to avoid using dual addresses as they may delay order delivery.
- To ensure the system recognizes the address, enter address as "P.O. Box #[number]."
- The Post Office may hold packages if you don't have a P.O. Box and they don't provide street delivery. Contact the Post Office for any held items.
- Due to weight and dimensional limits, some items can't be shipped to Post Office (P.O.) Boxes. If we can't ship an item to a P.O. Box, restrictions will be noted under the Shipping section in Item Details.
- We don't recommend having packages shipped to hotels/hospitals as availability and shipping dates on our website are estimates and could change.
- We don't make special arrangements for shipping to hotels/hospitals, but there is nothing specifically in our carrier's policy that would prevent shipments to hotels and hospitals.
- Please check with the hospital before placing your order, as some hospitals don't allow deliveries.
- If you choose to ship to a hotel/hospital, please include the room number and a phone number when placing the order.
- If your package has already shipped, but won't arrive before your departure, we suggest notifying hotel/hospital management in advance to have them refuse the package. The package will be returned to us and we'll issue a full refund.
- We aren't responsible for packages forwarded to another address from your temporary hotel/hospital address.
Freight Forwarding Services
- We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are no longer shipping to international countries via Borderfree.
- Orders placed before February 1, 2020 will still be processed.
- For questions on orders placed before February 1, 2020 you can contact us at 1-612-815-5667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Target doesn't ship to international freight forwarders or addresses outside the United States.
- As another option, we recommend shipping to a parcel pickup location within the United States where available.
- United States Postal Service (USPS) regulation prohibits shipping of electronic devices with a lithium battery to destinations outside the United States.
- Ban doesn't apply to private carriers such as DHL, FedEx and UPS.
- Review shipping information in product description for details.
- Each correctional institution has its own rules governing what items it will and won't accept. Contact the correctional institution for specific rules.
- Since Target can't guarantee a shipment will be sent by a non-signature-required method, packages sent to a correctional institution may be returned to us as undeliverable. Undeliverable items will be sent back to Target.com and we'll issue a refund.